Thursday 29 January 2015

Ultra Trail Mount Moodie

OMG! I'm almost beside myself with excitement. I haven't done a race like this for way, way too long. It's an 80km trail ultra - the new Ultra Trail Mount Moodie - in the Sabie area, starting from Misty Mountain on the Long Tom Pass.

This is just a quick post because I'm packed and ready to walk out the door - and I'm leaving my laptop at home.

I decided to go through early and to break my trip by staying at a place near my Forest Run venue. I've had too many late nights so I'm looking forward to no laptop and no connectivity to just get some sleep so that I'm race-ready for Saturday.

Sooo... 80km of forests and Mpumalanga wonderfulness is what I'm into on Saturday. How long it will take?  Dunno and it doesn't matter really because I'm mostly there for the journey... and of course to see how well I can do.

I've got my camera and so I hope to show you some of the splendour of the area next week.

Until then... byyyeeeee.


No comments: