Thursday 7 November 2013

Doodling adventure

It's been over a week now and I'm hooked on doodling. Tonight I went to 'Night of 1000 Drawings', which is what got me started on this doodling thing in the first place. I contributed three A5 doodles and all three sold. Yay!


This is a really neat fundraising concept. The event opens at 18h00 and you get an hour to look at the drawings. They received something like 2,000 submissions and they all go up. You buy a numbered sticker for R100 and at 19h00 you can place your sticker on the image that you want to buy. Then, at 20h00, you can claim your picture.

The pictures range from absolutely awful ('I'll just draw anything and won't even try and I'll hand it in') to children's scribbles to fairly decent drawings to very good. Some were paintings, others pencil drawings, others in pen... a total mix. Some pictures were happy and thoughful, there was also lots of toilet humour and others were a bit disturbing - definite problems coming out in the artwork... But, that's the thing; there really is something for everyone.

There were quite a few that I liked and I didn't even get to see everything upstairs - but I had to choose one to place my sticker on. I was initially going to go for this bunny... but the guy standing next to me put his sticker on it first.


So I ran around to the other side of the row where my second choice (but, actually I think it was really my first choice from the start) was hanging and I placed my sticker with delight.

This is the picture that I bought.


It's a bit of a ramshackle house. Farmy. I like.

No comments: