Sunday 20 May 2012

'36 Days of Running' - Week 1

Today I completed the first week - seven days - of '36 Days of Running' and it has gone really well. No big distance this week - or weekend, which has been nice. Just ticking over and averaging around 6.3km/day. This week I'll probably get in a bit more.

Again this game is teaching me just how possible it is to squeeze in at least 30 minutes of running every day, whether I feel like it or not because after the run I always feel warm and fabulous. Emails can wait 30 minutes, that artwork I was working on can wait 30 minutes, phone calls can be returned and the article I was writing can be picked up later on and completed with a mind that is fresh and re-energised.

I'm not sure why I let myself forget this outside of '36 Days of Running'.

No comments: