Tuesday 3 January 2012

Forest people

You get people who love the beach and they head there for every holiday. I'm not one of 'em. I'm a forest-river-lake-mountain person. I'm in the Belfast/Dullstroom area for the Big 5 Orienteering event, which starts on Wednesday. We got here at lunch time today and after a bit of chatting, reading and a snooze, I headed out for a run. B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l! This area is just so splendid.

Aside from beautiful flora and odd critters - like the crab pictured below - I also saw a cat. It came bouncing out of the forest, along the road for a few bounds and then back into the forest. zip-zap. It was quick so I didn't see much more than spots. Mmmm... After looking at pics online I'm more swayed to it being a serval than a genet. Bigger than what I've seen in the genet pictures.

Some pics from my run,..



No comments: