Monday 13 June 2011

Day 28 - one week to go

I've just completed my 28th run in my '35 days of running' challenge. Today my legs are feeling quite tight after Saturday morning's yoga class - it really gets my hamstrings, but it is just what they need after all the running.

I must say, these four weeks have passed really quickly and it hasn't been too much of a mission to get out for at least a 30-minute run on all but a few of the days. It is sometimes a squish when I'm in a rush to finish something or get somewhere, but for the rest, I've looked forward to the runs. It does help that I don't have children or a stay-put, 8-5 office job. On the really cold and nasty days I could take advantage of a break in the weather to get out in the later afternoon, benefiting from a little warmth in the air.

This week I've got a bit of venue and terrain variety with a night orienteering event on Thursday night at Wits and then Gauteng Orienteering Champs on Sat and Sun. All but two of my runs (also on Google Earth but not in this screen shot as they're North, in Pretoria) have been from home - nice, colourful pattern. I take great delight in drawing in my route every day.


I'm still keeping to relatively short runs, averaging six to seven kilometres a day. Longer runs are only around 10-12km; and not more than twice a week. I'm logging around 50km a week, on top of yoga and dance classes.

Ja, people are asking me, "What happens on Day 36?". Mmm.. I've got another seven days of running to contemplate this.

No comments: