Wednesday 18 May 2011

35 days of running

As my 35th birthday approaches I've been toying with ideas. While I was running tonight - a short and fast one - I decided to do a '35 days of running' thing. I should have thought about this a few days ago because then I could have timed the 35 days to wrap up on my birthday... but anyway.

So, the plan is to run every day, a distance of at least 4km, for the next 35 days. Yes, 4km as the shortest distance because some days I'm pushed for time with getting to yoga or teaching dance class. I've got a nice, local 4km loop, which will do the trick for a quick run.

It doesn't matter whether I run with people, like I did for my 'Seven days, seven friends, seven runs' project in January, or on my own. Making arrangements to run with people every day for a week is one thing... for 35 days... tough during the week with traffic. But if you want to join me for a run... drop me a note; I'll be glad to have your company.

So, counting tonight's run, this 'challenge' will take me up to Monday, 20 June. That's actually pretty cool 'cos I'm doing Gauteng Orienteering Champs on 18th (birthday) and 19th June. 20th will be like a victory lap ;)

So, it's not quite Clive's seven years of consecutive days of running, but this little adventure for the next month is inspired by him.

No comments: