Monday 11 April 2011

AR's 10th birthday


Can you believe it? A decade! Today, my big baby, http://www.ar.co.za/, turns a hefty 10 years old.

From a few hundred visitors, AR now greets a few thousand visitors each month. And these visitors originate from over 80 countries!

The site has been through various designs over the years. The logo too evolved from a squiggle to a contour-line type logo (I liked this one but was far too complicated for embroidery and such), to the current logo, which has been around for about six years - I think.

The domain, AR.co.za, has been around for just over nine years. The original domain was adventure-racing. Hypens in addresses are a bad idea - too many people don't know what a hypen is.

The site has sometimes been a pain in the butt with updating articles, reports, calendar, answering emails... especially when I'm snowed under with work. There are so many things I'd love to do - time and finances being limiting factors. I'm still sitting on a couple that I hope to get going over the next few months.

For the most part, AR is my pride and joy and the reward for me has certainly been the difference that it has made to so many people by getting them involved in the sport and the travels and opportunities I've been able to jump at directly as a result of the site.

AR.co.za - happy 10th birthday!

1 comment:

expressyourself said...

Happy Birthday AR and congratulations to AR's Mom :)! You have done a great job well done and keep up the good work!