Sunday 26 September 2010

This is why my shoulders are stiff

Ah man, this is too much fun not to share it. I've been aiming to get a twisted grip handspring for months - granted, I haven't given it much focus and I have maybe tried it a few times every couple of weeks.

Well, two weeks ago one of the girls in my class attended a workshop and learned these two techniques. I almost got Technique 1 right after a few tries. As for Technique 2, I could barely rotate around nor get my feet off the ground! Well, a week later (this past Wednesday night), I gave it another go and nailed both! I've felt euphoric since and can't wait to work on this some more to get it more steady and to hold the top point for longer. Hands and shoulders can only take so much in one dose (on top of paddle sessions three times a week!).

This vid was shot on Friday morning. I also gave the standard twisted grip handspring a go and - probably because it wasn't filmed - I got it right for the first time; straight as a pencil up in the air with only hands on the pole.



Ja, it is the little things that bring such delight ;)

No comments: