Saturday 4 July 2009

Le Tour time!

July is probably my most favourite of the year's months because it is Tour de France time. I asolutely love watching the riders cover kilometres day after day for the 3 weeks of the Tour. Yes, I like Lance and he is certainly in with a very good chance of an 8th win. Lance does not strike me as the type of guy to put all the work and effort in preparing for this event just to be an 'uber domestique. I don't be thinkin' so.

Today is the individual time trial and as I type the riders are out on the 15.5km around Monaco. Aside from Lance there are a number of riders that I really like - the Schlek brothers, Cavendish, Leipheimer, Hushovd, Boonen, Cadel, Menchov, Popov, Hincapie... Must say, Lance is looking in fine form - check out the big guns when the camera is right infront of him. I swear you can see each quad muscle in unbelievable definition - check his arms too. Oh wow.

I'm now just hoping that all the druggy stuff doesn't cloud the Tour. It often seems like a witch hunt of the riders because they always seem to be caught during TdF, for samples taken months or years ago... I don't get why the testing authorities are not getting these guys in January or any time other than during TdF. My take is that they want the publicity and to do the most damage.

During the week my spot on the treadmill at gym is r.e.s.e.r.v.e.d. I plug in my earphones and run happily for up to 90-minutes, vibing to the tune of TdF commentary. Over the weekends my butt can be found on the couch of anyone with SuperSport. Hahaha.

Here's to a fabulous 2009 Tour. Yeeehaaa!

No comments: