Wednesday 25 February 2009

Day 4, ultra long and hot

The sky was clear last night with amazing stars. Great to look at but means a hot day the next. It is cooking.

I did today's stage in 6h20ish. Buys won again in 5h17. I walked quite a bit over the last 20km. Damn hot out. All in all a good stage with not much elevation. Climbed Dune 45 at the finish. Can proudly say my new gaiter design is a winner. I'll do a "How to" on this blog in the next few weeks.

We are camping at the base of the dune tonight. About 39C now. We are lazing in the camp in every scrap of shade.

My shin is ok. Still inflammed and dull. But it will hold up for tomorrow. I have got ice now, which helps.

Still waiting for another 3 or 4 runners. It is like hell on the open ground of Sossusvlei. I hope they are ok.

Sent using a Sony Ericsson mobile phone

2 comments:

coydogheath said...

i so miss u

Anonymous said...

Hey L, Sounds stunning, well done so far and good luck for the last day, hope the inflammation doesn't bother you too much!! Can't wait to see the photos:)